1988 closing credits from “As The World Turns” including the advertisement that put the “soap” in “soap opera”, Dan Region’s invitation for the next episode, and the Procter & Gamble Productions ident. I don’t know about you, but that theme song really sticks out in my memory. My mom watched ATWT religiously (hence the VHS recording), so this sequence conjures a weird nostalgia for me. A nostalgia for simpler times, console televisions, and syndicated cartoons.Also on:
gr_redirectThe WAYBAK Machine
- 2016-10-07: How To Play The Android Easter Egg Game
- 2016-10-07: Spartan Lincoln-Mercury: "Don Jackson Talks About Honesty" (circa 1988)
- 2016-10-07: 10Q #6: Describe one thing you’d like to achieve by this time next year. Why is this important to you?
- 2016-10-07: It's Been 100 Years Since GA Tech's Famous 222-0 Victory
- 2016-10-07: Ivory Shampoo: "I Don't Want THAT In My Hair!" (circa 1988)
- 2016-10-07: Morris's 'Cathedral' Draws on Sci-Fi Roots to Bring High Adventure
- 2015-10-08: The Phantom Fame: ‘Space Ghost Coast to Coast,’ Secretly TV’s Most Influential Show
- 2014-10-07: California's Water Problems Are Over!
- 2009-10-07: THOU ART DEAD
- 2008-10-08: Looking for my voter registration card so I can get extra credit in Hunt's class.
- 2000-10-07: The Arch is the symbol of the University of Georgia. What would be your symbol be and why?