It’s still got a few bugs to work out (like automatically recognizing media in Gnome), but I’m quite happy with Picasa for Linux. Even better news is that v3 runs natively in Ubuntu even under a 64-bit architecture–no emulation or Wine required!
Calendar synchronization has been the main reason I haven’t used Google Calendar or the native BlackBerry calendar has been a lack of synchronicity. I’m just annoyed with the idea of having to enter multiple instances of an event in multiple places, so I never used them. Facebook got smart and integrated calendar sync with the new Facebook for BlackBerry, and now I can keep track of my Facebook events with my Storm. I finally found where Google has developed a sync application that updates the calendar and contacts list.
“Using your BlackBerry smartphone’s native calendar, you can now access your Google calendar even when you don’t have network coverage and be alerted for upcoming appointments with sound or vibration. Your Google Calendar stays synchronized whether you access it from your computer or your phone. You can add or edit entries right on your BlackBerry smartphone or on your Google Calendar on the web.”
Just point the BlackBerry browser to http://m.google.com/sync.
What ________ needs
Here’s how it works: Google “[your first name] needs” and share the first 10 results. That’s it: it is that simple. But be honest! Tag the person who tagged you, and pass it on…
1. Matthew needs to bring sexy back.
2. Because Matthew needs to realize it’s possible for him to be wrong….
3. Who thinks Matthew needs to stop asking questions about Regan Smith?
4. Matthew Needs – Plymouth | Facebook
5. Matthew Needs – LinkedIn
6. MySpace.com – Matthew needs more Jesus
7. Matthew Needs (Hansard, 14 July 1982)
8. Matthew Needs
9. Groucho’s family: What Matthew needs.
10. MySpace.com Blogs – New Project, and Matthew needs your help….
Apparently, there’s actually this person named “Matthew Needs” and that kinda buggered-up my results.